A recent “Composition Conversations” gathering.
In addition to more formal gatherings, members of the rhetoric and composition community and others interested in teaching writing gather monthly for 2Cs—Composition Conversations. Discussion range widely through current issues in composition, from multimodal writing to writing studies majors.
Recent gatherings include:
- September 24th, 2015, at the Burger Stand at the Casbah. Discussion of Jody Shipka's "A Multimodal Task-based Framework for Composing."
- October 21st, 2015, at The Mad Greek. Discussion of the 1987 CCCC Position Statement, "Scholarship in Composition: Guidelines for Faculty, Deans, and Department Chairs."
- November 19th, 2015, at the home of Amy Devitt (potluck). Discussion of H. Samy Alim's "Critical Language Awareness in the United States: Revisiting Issues and Revising Pedagogies in a Resegregated Society."
- February 24th, 2016, at O Café. Discussion of Heather Bastian's "Capturing Individual Uptake: Toward a Disruptive Research Methodology" and Kevin Powell's KU visit
- March 29th, 2016, at 23rd Street Brewery. Discussion of Dyland B. Dryer's "The Persistence of Institutional Memory: Genre Uptake and Program Reform"
A “Composition Conversations” gathering.